Friday DOUBLES & TRIPLES
Friday is the end of the week for many and a day to try something new! Why not try Doubles or Triples curling? Fees based on 6 -week blocks so less commitment than a regular league. Doubles & Triples will begin Friday November 5 with the available previous Fridays (October 15 & 22) open for free beginner instruction clinics.
- need only 2 players
- shorter game of about 90 minutes
- relies on both shotmaking and sweeping
- easily fits Covid-19 guidelines
- Olympic sport (if you're good enough!)
Triples is a great way for beginners to learn the game! Twin Rivers encourages one experienced curler to join 2 beginners in forming a team.
- 6 end games with 6 rocks thrown per team
- Each player plays each of the 3 positions (lead, middle, skip) for 2 ends each game; this is a great way to gain understanding of the roles of each position. As you gain experience you might discover a favorite position.
- Less sweeping than the traditional 4 player game
- Approximately 90 minutes to play the game vs 120 minutes for a 4 player team
- Twin Rivers is running our Triples league in 6-week increments, so there is less commitment involved.